Had a couple minor issues in today when working with and in the vSphere web client:
- Shockwave Flash has crashed
When logging into the vSphere Web Client, I received a message indicating “Shockwave Flash has crashed” as shown below:
What I should have done is used the HTML5 version, but instead I came across VMware KB 2151945 that will provide you with browser specific workarounds. Here’s the Windows for Chrome workaround:
Windows Workaround for Chrome
- If necessary, download 7z at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/attachment?aid=307292.
- Extract the dll to the Desktop
- Open C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\PepperFlash\18.104.22.168\in File Explorer
- Rename dll to pepflashplayer.old
- Copy the dll extracted earlier from the desktop to‘C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\PepperFlash\22.214.171.124\
- Open the vSphere Web Client in Chrome
- The provided manifest file is invalid: Invalid OVF manifest entry
When deploying an AWS tape gateway OVF, I received an error stating “The provided manifest file is invalid: Invalid OVF manifest entry.” I tried re-downloading and re-installing the OVF just in case something happened during the download and extract process but the result was the same.
Ultimately, this problem was solved by using the VMware OVF Tool following the steps found on this post by Matt Crape….quoted and summarized below. Check out Matt’s post, and his blog, for a wealth of information.
“Open up the command prompt and navigate to the OVF Tool install folder. In my case, I had to go to c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool. To repackage the files, run the following command: ovftool.exe Source.ovf Output.OVA. See the image for an example of the command that I ran. Depending on the size and number of files involved, this might take a few seconds up to a few minutes. Once it is done, you should find a new OVA file sitting where you specified.”
Also, on a side note, does anybody know if its possible to simply disable WordPress auto numbered lists? They are driving me crazy!!!!!